Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Curiosities

Sooo, this week we have v 3.0 of a project from several weeks ago that I never managed to get quite right until now.  The assignment was to do a square-format black and white ink piece of a creature described in the book Beasts! - which we randomly chose. Mine was the Thunderbeast, or Raiju, which is essentially an electric ferret (and, coincidentally, the creature that Raichu, Pikachu, & co. are based off of.) I may eventually post a colored version of my second attempt at this, which I think could be bearable with a little TLC.


Also, my tablet drawing piece for this week (I think Tony and Matt are able to identify my work solely by the fact that 99% of the time, Beth is my model. I should get someone else to draw her and really confuse them.) We had the option of adding something we worked "from our imagination" into the piece, so I made Beth into conjoined twins.  I really really like the idea of this - I'm planning on going back into it and hopefully really polishing it up once school ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment