Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gil Elvgren Study WIP

I've been working on this in my spare time since the beginning of Christmas break, and I consider it to seriously be one the best pieces I've done. I was planning on entering it in the Society of Illustrators student competition, but I just found out this morning that only department heads can submit student work, and my department head for some reason is requiring that all work submitted have been done for a class.

So, um, I'm pretty angry. One of my personal goals for this year was to create a piece that I was happy enough with to submit to the SoI competition, and now I can't.

Its not finished yet, I'll probably try to get it done for the returning student scholarship portfolio, which is due like next week anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kayla, sorry that this didnt work as a society entry. This piece is awesome though, totally digging the color and light.

    ReplyDelete