Thursday, December 23, 2010

Whoo hoo break post!

So, trying to get some personal stuff done over break this year - and so far, so good! Nothing amazing, but an adequate amount of experimenting. I really am discovering a love for gouache. So far.
Anyhow, gouache and pencil, done for this week's illustration friday theme of "mail".





I rather like the aesthetic of pencil on gouache, but I think I need to get more in depth with it - both with the painterly aspect of the gouache and then with the pencil shading - the main goal on this was to try new things without spending too much time, so I feel like it was pretty successful in that aspect. Scanner goofed up my colors pretty good tho. :/

Anyway, Happy Holidays everyone!!! Hope you're all having a good break!

No comments:

Post a Comment