Our first project was to create a "family portrait" and I decided to do a family portrait of bees. So here are some of my practice sketches/ coloring.
I wanted to try and experiment with doing really detailed inking and then coloring the bees in very flat photoshop color - which I feel like had mixed results. I also discovered that it's pretty hard to make bees exude an air of "family" because they're essentially emotionless. :/ Anyhow, I worked hard on this, I tried some new stuff and I was pretty pleased with the result. Except for the part where the print was darker than my original coloring and all of the black blended into the background on the final. OOPS.